The Change of Status to F-1 is the process offered by the United States Government to those already in the United States, that wish to change their current nonimmigrant status to continue with their studies under an F-1 Status.  

In general, you may apply to change your nonimmigrant status while remaining in the United States if:

  • you were lawfully admitted to the United States in a nonimmigrant status;
  • your nonimmigrant status remains valid;
  • you have not violated the conditions of your status; and
  • you have not committed any crimes or engaged in any other actions that would make you ineligible for a change of status.

The first step is to request an I-20 from the school you will attend.  

We use Submittable to accept and review our submissions.